- January 14, 2022 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.7
- The main differences with version 1.4.6 are:
- Repaired error handling of the psf compiler.
- Proper shutdown of the toolbus version of the simulator.
- January 7, 2020 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.6
- The main differences with version 1.4.5 are:
- Proper installation of the PSF libraries.
- October 21, 2019 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.5
- The main differences with version 1.4.4 are:
- Some adjustments to cope with changes in software it depends on.
- Adjustments to get rid of some compiler warnings.
- Some minor bug fixes.
- November 7, 2018 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.4
- The main differences with version 1.4.3 are:
- Minor compatibility fixes.
- June 30, 2017 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.3
- The main differences with version 1.4.2 are:
- A few adjustments in the installation of the toolkit.
- Addition of some command-line options for tbsim.
- Generation of animations adjusted for new output format of dot.
- October 10, 2014 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.2
- The main differences with version 1.4.1 are:
- Adjusted handling of coordinates for splines to int and floats in the generation of animations.
- October 01, 2014 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.1
- The main differences with version 1.4.0 are:
- Adjusted handling of coordinates for splines to floats in the generation of animations.
- Minor bug fixes.
- February 22, 2012 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.4.0
- The main differences with version 1.3.0 are:
- Adjusted parsers for use with bison 2.4 and higher.
- Adjusted ToolBus-scripts to solve some preprocessor problems.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Adjusted psf-dep-bundle for 64-bit compilation.
- February 13, 2008 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.3.0
- The main differences with version 1.2.2 are:
- Addition of operator symbols > < = only to be used in combination with other symbols (ex. >>, <<).
- Improved animation routines, especially coordinate calculation for CreateLine and a new routine CreatePLine.
- A separate simulation kernel.
- New version of the simulator tbsim based on the ToolBus.
- An Integrated Development Environment psfide.
- October 24, 2007 Technical Report Software (Re-)Engineering with PSF III: an IDE for PSF, B. Diertens
We describe the design of an integrated development environment (IDE)
In the software engineering process we used process algebra in the form
of PSF for the specification of the architecture of the IDE.
This specification is refined to a PSF specification of the IDE system
as a ToolBus application, by applying vertical and horizontal
We implemented the various tools as specified and connected them with
a ToolBus script extracted from the system specification.
- November 30, 2006 Technical Report Software (Re-)Engineering with PSF II: from architecture to implementation, B. Diertens
This paper presents ongoing research on the application of PSF
in the field of software engineering and reengineering.
We build a new implementation for the simulator of the PSF Toolkit
starting from the specification in PSF of the architecture of a simple
simulator and extend it with features to obtain the architecture of
a full simulator.
We apply refining and constraining techniques
on the specification of the architecture to obtain a specification
low enough to build an implementation from.
- October 27, 2005 Technical Report Software (Re-)Engineering with PSF, B. Diertens
This paper investigates the usefulness of PSF in software engineering
PSF is based on ACP (Algebra of Communicating Processes) and
as some architectural description languages are based on process algebra,
we investigate whether PSF can be used at the software architecture level,
but we also use PSF at lower abstract levels.
As a case study we reengineer the compiler from the Toolkit of PSF.
- February 24, 2005 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.2.2
- The main differences with version 1.2.1 are:
- circumvention of a bug in Xorg (List Widget).
- January 8, 2002 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.2.1
- The main differences with version 1.2.0 are:
- More options for the tool genanim.
- Some minor bug fixes.
- Some adjustments for compiling with gcc.
- October 4, 2000 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.2.0
- The main differences with version 1.1.3 are:
- Update of the animation package.
- A tool anim2Anim added for conversion of older animations to the newer form.
- A tool genanim added for generation of animations from specifications.
- November 23, 1999 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.1.3
- The main differences with version 1.1.2 are:
- Several minor bug fixes.
- A few adjustments to animation.
- Adjustments for Linux RedHat 5.1.
- September 9, 1998 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.1.2
- The main differences with version 1.1.1 are:
- Several minor bug fixes in the simulator.
- New implementation for the computation of the heads in the simulator.
- December 19, 1997 Release of PSF-Toolkit version 1.1.1
- The main differences with version 1.0.1 are:
- The simulator now handles port construction over multiple sums.
- Animations can be coupled to simulations of specifications.