gpresent - presentations with Groff and AcroRead
% groff -mm -mpresent file.rof > file.pps % presentps -l < file.pps > file.ps % ps2pdf file.ps % acroread file.pdfSlides:
% groff -P-l -mm -mpresent file.rof > file.psNote:
- Do not forget to put in options for the preprocessors that have to be used.
- On systems were Troff is installed, you have to use -mgm instead of -mm.
- groff (version 1.18.1 dated Oct 3, 2002 or higher/later) with the mm macros (included with groff) -- groff.ffii.org
- perl (version 5.x) for presentps -- www.perl.com
- ps2pdf which comes with Ghostscript (version 5.x or higher) -- www.ghostscript.com
- acroread (version 4.x) -- www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/adobepdf.html
- demo.pdf -- A demonstration of all the presentation macros.
- sidebar.pdf -- A demonstration of a sidebar as header.
- piclink.pdf -- A demonstration of links inside pictures.
Note: In your preferences for FullScreen in acroread, set
- Default Transition to Replace
- Mouse Cursor to Always Visible or Hidden After Delay.
gpresent version 2.5 (November 20, 2017) -- includes demo.pdf, sidebar.pdf, and piclink.pdf
- since version 2.4
- Adjusted the PAUSE macro to work inside DS/DE.
- since version 2.3
- Changed implementation of the PAUSE macro.
- Added the macro's MARKS, MARKE, and MARKD.
- Adjusted FILL GradX and GradY.
- No cropping done when orientation is Landscape (slides).
- PAUSE in a BLOCK once is possible now.
- Adjustemnt for groff 1.19.2: no processing of stuff between BeginDocument and EndDocument.
- since version 2.2
- Use of '.INITCOLOR yellow' instead of '.DEFAULTCOLOR yellow' in demo.rof.
- Repaired bug in presentps which could mess things up.
- Adjusted smile.epsf to prevent problem with acroread version 5.x.
- Adjusted presentps for viewing problems with wide-screens.
- since version 2.1
- Bug in presentps, which resulted in problems with ps2pdf.
- Mentioning of INITCOLOR instead of DEFAULTCOLOR in demo.rof.
- acroread version 5.0 stumbled on the smiley used in the demonstrations.
- since version 2.0
- Adjusted the story on loading of the piclink macros. They can't be loaded with the -m option, because then they are not preprocessed by gpic.
- Adjusted presentps so that additional PageSize settings added by grops since version 1.18.2 of groff, are filtered out.
- since version 1.0
- Footers are put on an exact location.
- TITLE and SUBTITLE set the strings title and subtitle.
- Picture linking macros, with demonstration.
- Presentps has an option (-lc) for indicating the corner to put the links.
- END macro sets the margins.
- Demonstration of a sidebar as header.
- All variables used in the macros start with gp- in order to prevent clashes.
- Colors are implemented with .defcolor and \m[...].
- More control over titles and subtitles with the macros TITLEFORMAT, SUBTITLECOLOR, and SUBTITLEFORMAT, in addition to TITLECOLOR which now only sets the color for titles.
- New macros DEFAULTCOLOR and INITCOLOR.